Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011




Familia,

It has been getting colder, but not too bad. In León it´s even colder than Valladolid! This week has been crazy for me so here it goes!!!

So the most exciting day was Monday for me so I´ll start with Monday. So, Elder Gallego is a Zone Leader so he had to go to a Leadership Training Meeting in León so we had to get up at 5:30 am to get to the bus station and catch the bus that left at 6:45. So we took the bus and it´s a two hour bus ride up so I tried to sleep, but I didn´t get to but oh well. We got up there and the thermometers say that it´s like 3 or 6º C [37º or 43º F] so it was super cold!! We got out and walked toward the church building, but it was too early so we ate breakfast at a bar (I know, weird, but it´s okay). So at 10 is when the meeting started and all of the leaders of León were there, and I left with another elder, Elder Evans! He´s super funny and awesome!! We did a bit of morning study and we went out and contacted.

We contact from 11 until about 12:15 and we go back to the church building because we had a lesson at 12:30 with a guy that I don´t remember his name. He´s a recent convert that´s all I know and we taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a pretty good lesson! After the lesson, the meeting ended so we went to a restaurant called Kebab and it was really good. We took the food to the Piso of Elder Evans (well, the Piso of the León missionaries) and ate it there. After that, Elder Evans taught me how to play a game called Magic, and it´s an interesting game. Well, at 4:30 Elder Gallego decides it´s time to go and try to catch the bus leaving León going to Valladolid, but it left at 4:40 so we weren´t going to catch it. We went down anyway and got ice cream (I know, but whatever - it was good anyway) and caught the train going to Madrid Chamartín, which stops in Valladolid, so we took the train down. It was a really nice train!! It got up to a speed of 153 kph [95 mph]so it was faster than the bus. So we got to Valladolid at 6:30 - 6:45 and got to the piso to eat a bit. Then we went to give a lesson and that was Monday. Super exciting right!!!

How´s everyone doing over there? Did Jonathan like his trip to New York? I hope all is well and that you have a good week!!! Take care and I´ll talk to you soon!!!

Elder Bauer

P.S. The pictures are of Elder Evans, and the wall there in León so yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment