Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012

Elder Cool

Contents from Christmas Packages from Home

Arriving in Salamanca for District Meeting

A Bi-Polar Pen


Family,

So from Thursday - Friday, we tried to do contacts and stuff, as well as have lessons and stuff so that we could get more people to baptize!! Saturday, we met some crazy people that started their New Year celebrations a bit early. One of them was super drunk and was talking to us and stuff. That contact lasted for about 5 or 10 minutes. You´d have to hear my interpretation of his voice. Elder Hodges says it´s practically the same, so yeah!! He´s an interesting guy. We had English classes, and no one came, and I´m not sure why so yeah. We then had a meeting with the Ward Mission Leader, Jonatan, and it was pretty interesting and fast. We got back to the piso (apartment) at 2 and started cleaning it because it was dirty and also President Watkins was coming to leave letters and packages for us. We got it super clean that it was awesome!!! I was happy!! Unfortunately, when President Watkins left my packages and I opened them, they got the place dirty again. We cleaned, only to get it dirty again. President Watkins also took us out to lunch at a buffet so it was fun!!! We talked about Valladolid and a bit about the call that he made to you and stuff like that. Later that night we went with Hermano Brosivich to Urueña to eat with his family and it was good food!! Urueña is a super cool little pueblo (town) and yeah, it has a wall around the entire pueblo and everything!! I like it!! Hermano Brosivich says that during the winter there are 50 people living there, and that´s just sad. I wouldn´t mind living there though!! We left them with a spiritual thought and it was cool!!!

Sunday, we went to church, then later that evening, we had a lesson with a less active and that was it. Monday, we went to León so that Elder Hodges could have a meeting there with the other Zone Leaders and the Mission President. I went with Elder Bermudez, Elder Evans, and Elder Reist to do stuff. We first went to get copies done for something that was important and stuff. Then we went to this store to look at Magic cards (I know, I would have preferred to work, but I don´t know León too well), and then to the bus station to confirm and buy a ticket for Elder Reist. After that we went to another store and Elder Bermudez and Elder Reist bought balloons. Then we went to their piso at about 12, and they started playing magic while I was walking back and forth. At about 1:30 or something, I got a phone call from a guy named Carlos that wanted a visit from us. He´s a less active from Madrid and called us to see him!!! He CALLED us!!! I got happy and wrote down where he lived and yeah!! Then at about 2 pm I played Magic with Elder Evans and beat him by a landslide!!! I felt powerful!! Then we played again, and he beat me by a little bit, so it wasn´t too bad. Then we returned to Valladolid and had a few lessons with Loreily and Costantin.

Tuesday we had District Meeting in Salamanca, then got back, had a lesson at 5:30 with the drunk guy we met Saturday, still drunk, and had an interesting lesson. Elder Hodges talked the whole time, because when I was about to talk, he said, "NO!!!" Then pointing at Elder Hodges, he said, "El" so I guess, he doesn´t want me to talk, but I´ll get a word in sometime, haha!! Then we saw Señor Carlos and his girlfriend, as well as his girlfriend´s daughter, which are not members! Potential? HECK YEAH!!! Sorry, couldn´t resist. Now if you heard my intense deep voice while saying that, it would be better, and feel better!! Today is P-Day. We´ll go out shopping for stuff. I´m going to do some chino shopping and I´ll buy you (Dad) an intense pen from La Universidad de Valladolid like mine. Let me just say, they may work great, might be bi-polar (sometimes work, and sometimes not, like mine is), and may not work at all. But if it doesn´t work, hey, it´s a souvenir so yeah. How´s stuff at home? Anything cool happen yet this week? Take care and I´ll talk to you next week!! Love you all!!!

Elder Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment