Friday, August 31, 2012

August 29, 2012

My socks when they were stiff...

They always are when you take them off of the drying rack so yeah.

My shoes, yeah, broken!!

Don´t worry, I got new ones!

My new shoes!! Only cost 30€

The Temple, just so that you don´t say that I only sent pictures of things that go on my feet.


Why hello my family,

Wow, it does sound like a lot of work is going on over there in Texas!! Remodeling and getting setteled as well as classes starting for both of the little children. Hahaha, just thought it would be funny to add that in. =) I hope that all goes well. With grandpa Oscar it should all be fine since he´s a great "fix it man!!" This past week we´ve had a lot of nothing, but this week is looking pretty promising! I´ll tell you guys all about it!

So Thursday we had weekly planning in the morning from 11:30 until about 2 pm. Yeah, it was a long time. We then ate with the Gordon family, talked to Rocio, a recent convert, and then had correlation meeting and dinner at the Bajaña family´s house. Not much, right! Friday we had pretty much the same kind of day. In the morning we saw Marcelino, from Africa, but from a place there in Africa where they speak Spanish so yeah! He´s pretty funny and outspoken so it´s always fun to see him. We then had lunch with a member called Andy and it was really good! At 6:30 we saw Melisa and answered her questions like always and that was about all we had time for. We then had Noche de Hogar [home evening] at the church so yeah.

Saturday we only had lunch with Ibeth, a member super cool!! That was it. Sunday we had lunch with the Branch President, and that was it too. I also gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about Missionary Work, so I went to the Guia del Estudio de las Escrituras (the Bible Dictionary, or the closest thing there is to the Bible Dictionary in Spanish, also known as GEE) and based my talk off of that. I liked how in the GEE it talked about how Missionary Work is based off of pretty much our action and what we say. I pretty much touched on both of those in my talk and said that an example is what leads to people asking questions about our faith. Then I used the scripture in 2 Nephi 33:1 which pretty much says that we need the spirit when we speak to touch the hearts of everyone so it was good! It was a good 5 - 10 minutes, more 5 minutes, but oh well. Elder Cunningham also presented himself and it was good too. He mentioned that the members have a great advantage over us because they have friends that aren´t members, and we don´t, haha. It was also my first time doing the phone calls to get the key indicators for my District. I got all of the key indicators and called the zone leader, Elder Perkins, and it was a great conversation! He´s really cool and really good!! I can really learn a lot from him and hope to get that opportunity soon!! It was a good Sunday for me too overall!!

Monday was pretty good!! We tried seeing a few people, but none of them were at home. We did talk to Rocio though and had a lesson with her so it was all good!! Then Carlos, a former investigator, came to the church because I set up the lesson so yeah. It was pretty good too!! He remembered a bit of what the missionaries talked about and was about to get baptized so it was all good!! He´s got potential, excpet that his family isn´t really in agreement to the LDS church, so that´s why he wasn´t baptized before. We´ll work with him a bit and see what happens with him. I have hope for him and am sure that he´ll have the opportunity!! We then ate dinner with the Moro family and that was super yummy!!!

Tuesday we didn´t have District Meeting because we had a Zone Meeting instead! It was really good and I learned a lot about how to be a better missionary and how to keep the Area Book organized!! Some Medio Dia [lunch break] I´m going to apply what I learned and organize it into something that can be used and not just a paper weight. We then saw Erik and Yuliana and that was a good lesson!! They´re wonderful and full of animo [enthusiasm]!! I love that family! Today we have planned to go to Fuenlabrada and look at a Chino (a store that has lots of things for cheep) and hope to buy a laser and a Rubics cube. I know what you people be thinking, a Rubics cube?! And yes, a Rubics cube! I learned how to solve a Rubics cube, and Elder Cunningham has taught me how to do it so yeah! Then we will go to Leganes and Bowl for a bit with a group. I´m sure that it will be fun!! What have you people been up to aside from remodeling? Anything fun? Take care and suerte [good luck] with everything!! Love you all!!

Elder Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment