Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 12,2012

Plaza de Toros in Parla

Renfe coming into Parla from near the Plaza de Toros

Santiago Bernabeu Stadium

Elder Cunningham with his Pata de Jamón [Spanish Ham]

Me with Elder Cunningham´s Pata de Jamón [Spanish Ham]
 
Hello family!!!!

I started typing this email in a store called Media Markt so yeah! I'm typing on one of the new iPads and it's pretty cool! I'm glad that all is going well over yonder in Texas! I hope that all continues to go well and that everyone continues to have fun!! So not too much has happened that's too exciting, but I'll start with Thursday.

So Thursday was weekly planning so nothing too exciting there. We visited Carolina and Ibeth for a little Noche de Hogar [home evening] and it was pretty cool!! I then played with their cat with my green laser pointer and it was really funny how it chased after it and meowed at it, hahahaa!! Yes, if I haven´t told you about it, I got a green laser pointer at a chino [convenience store] for 11.95€ so yeah. I can pop balloons with it too so it´s really fun!! Friday we went to eat at the house of Erik and Yuliana and they make some of the best spicy salsa that I have ever tried since I left Valladolid! So I was also on intercambios [companionship exchanges] with Elder Cunningham, and while we were waiting for the food to come out, the AP´s called us and told us that President Jackson has approved of us going to a Fútball [soccer] game of Real Madrid vs. Manchester City at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium in Madrid!!! Elder Cunningham and I were freaking out since it was weird and since President Watkins would never think of doing something like that, but we got permission!! The tickets are 75€ so not too bad for a game live!!! Later on we saw Emanuel, a joven [means young, but either refers to youth or young single adult] in Elder Cunningham´s "area" and then had Noche de Hogar [home evening].

Saturday we saw Vincent for the first time in three weeks and it was pretty good!! He said that he would come to church on Sunday, and he did!! Not much else happened on Saturday. Sunday we went to church and that was it. Monday was a pretty good day!! We finally met Yolanda and Jose Luis, a less active family that we´ve never gotten a hold of, and they were really cool!! So they´ve been less active for about 12 years and have lost their jobs so it´s been pretty hard on them. We told them about the importance of going to church and she said that it was true and that she knows that it is something that is missing in her life. So pretty much she promised us that she´d come this Sunday!! She also said that we gave her strength and that was awesome to hear!! I loved that meeting. We then went to Gerard, a former investigator and joven [young single adult], who seems pretty cool too!! We got to know him a bit and he´s pretty interested in learning a bit more! So we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read the introduction. He´s going to do it, I´m pretty sure! It was pretty cool! We then saw Carolina and Ibeth and it was a pretty cool little visit. Carolina also gave me a haircut and it looks really good!!

Tuesday was district meeting and the AP´s came and shared something really great with us about faith!! They told Hermana [Sister] Piedade to sit in a chair far away from them and told her to move a Book of Mormon from where she was sitting, without doing anything, and of course, she couldn´t, no one can. They then explain that with faith, you have to have action, and started to ask us what some acts of faith we demonstrate everyday! Getting up, leaving the piso [apartment], studying, etc. They then used that to explain obedience and it was really good!! It´s one of those times when you have to have been there to know how it went! I then did a practice of Chapter 9 of Preach My Gospel and it was pretty good! We then ate as a district and had three lessons yesterday!! Rocio, Erik and Yuliana, then Noche de Hogar [home evening] with Carolina e Ibeth, and Erik and Yuliana. We were having some technical difficulties with my DVD but eventually we got to see the Mormon Message that we wanted to see, with some parts chopped off. It was good though, it got the message across so yeah.

Today was P-Day, and all we did was go to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium to buy tickets to the game!! I thought that since this is a one time opportunity to see a game in Madrid, I´d go so yeah, I´m going to see a Fútball [soccer] game next Tuesday!!!! I´m pretty excited!! That´s all we did for P-Day! How are you guys doing? Anything new? Take care and I´ll talk to you soon!!! Love you all!!

Elder Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment