Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012

From Left to Right:  Elder Forrest, Elder Torres, Elder Gonzalez, Tania (a "pro cake maker with her American brownies"), Elder Veintimilla, Elder Wride, and Elder Bauer (Alex)

Alex with Elder and Sister Ovard

Alex in the driver's seat of the Furgoneta (the Beast) - One last time!

Four generations of mission secretaries.
From left to right:  Elders Argyle (current secretary), Bauer, Jeppson, and Vogel.

Elder Soriano, Alex's new companion.

Hello family!

Well, let me just say that this past transfer has been the craziest one yet as far as what has happened with me, haha. So first things first, I have been transfered to Parla, which is pretty much just a small town out of Madrid. We have to take a Renfe [commuter] train to get out here, but it´s not the same kind of Renfe that we usually take when we get out of the province of Madrid. It´s a smaller train that takes you to the places close to Madrid like Parla, Torrejon, Mostoles, etc. The funny thing about this Renfe is that this end of it is Parla, and the other end is at San Sebastian de los Reyes (where I was before). So I could take this train back to my old area. Anyway, now off to my week.

So Thursday and Friday was full of teaching Elder Argyle how to do transfers. Of course we were in the last stages of transfers so it wasn´t too hard, just time consuming. Saturday was full of checking in flights and going to Fuente del Saz for a less active lesson and some pass by´s that didn´t work out too well, but oh well. Sunday we had church, then right after church, Elder Argyle had to go to the office to check in more flights and after that we went to get the Furgoneta [a large Opel van], and I got to drive it for the last time. We then had a Recent Convert lesson, and after that we had a baptism to go to at Pavones which started at 6:00 PM. Elders Gonzalez and Veintimilla were the ones that baptized and they asked the Bishop to perform the ordinance. Super cool!! We then had two more lessons and that was it.

Monday came and it was the day to leave for me, Elder Torres and Elder Wride. Pretty sad, but oh well. Elder Argyle and I went down to get the Furgoneta and put more Diesel in it and drove it back below the piso [apartment] to wait for the rest of the luggage to come down. Elder Argyle got out and opened the trunk so as to put in the luggage quickly when they came down. We had already put in my backpack, small suitcase and another small bag inside and we were just waiting for the rest. So as we´re waiting, Elder Argyle realized that he forgot to get the ticket for Elder Torres´ flight that morning! So he gets in, and we fly off down the street, then people start honking and I didn´t understand why. Sure we were double parked and the Furgoneta is huge so it´s hard to get around it so I´m moving already. We then go around the round-about and start flying up the hill. When people continue honking, I start getting frustrated and Elder Argyle looks back and wonders why people continue to honk, only to realize that we left the trunk open and everything except for my backpack is gone! I couldn´t believe it, but we both just looked at each other and start laughing and Elder Argyle starts running out and going after my stuff. Everyone was helpful on the street to help get everything into his hands again so yeah. I was laughing a lot just thinking of Elder Argyle, in a suit, running around getting luggage and when he came back, he put it all in, closed the trunk, and we started flying again. We got the ticket after running in the office to pick it up, and ran back to the Furgoneta and flew back to the piso. We met the other missionaries in front of the Mercadona and told them the story of the day.

We then went to the airport, Terminal 4 to drop off Elder Torres. Elder Forrest, Wride, and Torres went in and Elder Argyle and I stayed out with the Furgoneta. While they were all in, I started explaining to Elder Argyle how to drive stick and stuff. When Elder Forrest and Wride got back we were off to the Stake Center. We got there and I got all of my stuff out, handed the key to the Beast [Furgoneta] to Elder Forrest and put my luggage in a spot where it would wait until I left. We all met in the Stake Center Cultural Hall and I met my new companion Elder Soriano, from Mexico!!!! He is one transfer into his mission, or a month and a half in, so he´s super new. Still a newbe so I´ll be teaching him!! So after the meeting and stuff, we all talked and the office elders, AP´s as well as those going home went into a separate room while the rest of us talked and stuff. After a while I said goodbye to Elder Forrest and Elder Wride and was off to my new area. So the new suitcase that I got, just after getting it down the stairs of the temple and started rolling it toward the metro stop, the wheels broke off. So Elder Simmons, my district leader and my piso mate, picked it up and carried it to the Metro stop called Pavones. It just wasn´t good quality the piece of trash so it barely made it to Parla. So when I opened it, one of the two full shampoo bottles  uncapped too, which was not good. Luckily it was at the bottom so not much got dirty with it. Not the best move I´ve had, I can say that much. Tuesday we proselytized and today we had P-Day in a museum of Technology which wasn´t as exciting as it sounds. We are now in a Locultorio [internet cafe] and writing emails. How´s everything over there? Well take care you all and I´ll talk to you next week!! Love you all!!

Elder Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment