Monday, October 24, 2011

October 19, 2011



Daddio,

Well, I´ll start off by answering your questions. Elder Gallego (no s at the end) is from Southern Spain. I forget the city but he is a native. He speaks a little English, but not much. My wish came true I guess. I have to either speak Spanish to communicate or just not talk at all. I do a bit of both so yeah. He´s the Zone Leader, which is weird, usually the Zone Leaders are together, but right now they´re spread out trying to "fix" the mission. I´m not sure what that means, but it´s okay. As far as the District is concerned, there are only 4 elders in our district, including me. Super small in comparison to Salt Lake, but I don´t mind. The distances are huge too!!! The District Leader lives in Salamanca and we either have to travel there or they travel here. It´s a 1.5 hour bus ride there and back, so a total of 3 hours on a bus. Here in Valladolid we have a branch of about 75 to 80 active members and Elder Gallego and I are the only ones that serve there. The food here is interesting, and the first two pictures [see above] are of something that Elder Gallego bought and had me try. I can´t say that it tastes good or bad. It just tastes weird. I don´t know how else to describe it to you, but yeah. Then there´s a cereal that I really like that is called Rellenos con Chocolate and it´s super GOOD!!! They´re like squares filled with chocolate in the middle!! Yummy yum yum! I´ll see if I could send some home for you guys to try! I also like a pudding here that they have in the stores! It´s called something like Natillas Chocolate and ever since the CCM I´ve eaten some everyday!! The milk, well, let me just say, with Nesquik it tastes good!!!

Nothing too new to report this week, except that I got letters galore!!! I got letters from:
Chelsea Bakaitis
The Christiensons
Barry, Cristina, and Edison
Megan Eden
This week we also did splits with the District Leader. Elder Gallego went over to Salamanca and Elder Verdu (District Leader´s comp.) came here. That day we saw a guy figure skating, which was weird, but it´s okay. Then, Monday we did splits from 5 - 9. Elder Gallego went with a member and I went with another member. This member´s name is Jonathan, no joke. So Jonathan and I went out and we had to do at least 15 contacts and have 2 lessons. Well, we got two lessons out of 4 that we had planned, but at least we got two lessons. Contacts are harder to get because people either don´t have time or just don´t want to listen. We got 17 contacts though so it was all good! Jonathan is one of those members that I really like! He´s great!!! Not much else has changed, walking a lot and contacting more than having lessons, and Medio Dia is great!!! Two hours in the middle of the day to sit and either study or rest. I´ve been doing a lot of resting, but I´ll probably start a bit of studying so yeah. I´m glad all is well.   Pues, eso es todo lo que paso esta semana. ¿Cómo está la familia? ¿Estan bien? ¡¡Cuidanse y tengan una buena semana!! ¡Hasta luego!

~Elder Bauer~

No comments:

Post a Comment