Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011 First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve at the MTC

Dear Family,

This week has been crazy for me!!
I'm sorry to hear about your horrible week with the dummy, but he's still a child of God (the MTC makes me cheesy, sorry). Yeah, that card was the only good card that I could find. I'm glad you liked it so much! =)
Anyway, as I was saying, this week has been crazy!! Thursday I got my Flight plans for Spain, and I'm travel leader!!! Before you get too excited, I went to the Travel Office and they told me that I don't have my visa, so I may not go to Spain for a while. Friday and Saturday, I don't remember what happened, but it's okay. Sunday was really awesome!!! It rained a lot and we found out that this week was going to be really different for us since this is the only week each year that 1/3 of the Mission Presidents are replaced and so all this week the Quorum of the Twelve as well as the First Presidency are here at the MTC so it's pretty awesome!!! We also did our temple walk in the rain, but that was the best since the clouds were so low and it looked amazing!!! Monday all day was In-Field Orientation meeting so that's all that we did that day. It was really fun and helpful to what to expect and what do there so yeah!!! Tuesday was pretty fun too!!! I went to choir practice and we sang Blessings, aka Come thou Fount, and Elder Sybrowsky from the Seventy came to speak!! He was really good!!!
Yesterday was Wednesday (so profound) and what happened that day was pretty awesome!!! We did Hosting again and I Hosted 3 elders!!! The first Elder was awesome and I showed him to his room, took him to the bookstore, and to class. The second was the same, except that I had to carry his really heavy bags up the stairs. I'm sore from that today. Then I became the worst host ever and asked him to help me with his bags. The last Elder was the best!!! He was super excited you could tell!!! He was smiling all the time, and laughed at what I said either because he was being nice or it really was funny I don't even know. But that was fun!!! Then we went to class and we had a sub for Hermano Bell called Hermano Staples. That was Easy!!! It was fun!!! Today is P-Day and it's been fun! The usual happened like the Temple, lunch and stuff, but Elder Mockler had to go to the Travel Office to get a trip scheduled to the Consulate to get his visa, which he's been waiting for a long time!!! Then, the lady that works there told us to turn around and Jeffery R. Holland is talking to someone right outside the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAW ELDER HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly died right there!!!!!! Anyway, that was the highlight of my day. We also got haircuts, but that isn't as cool.

How are things there? Any updates on next week? This is my last P-Day here, so I wouldn't send anything else to the MTC since I'll be leaving soon. I may be able to call soon, but yeah. Take care and I'll talk to you soon!

Love you all!!

~Elder Bauer~

No comments:

Post a Comment